science definition | Quotes | Science Quotes
“It strikes me that religion seeks to take natural events and ascribe supernatural causes to them. I, however, seek to take supernatural events and find the natural meanings behind them. Perhaps that is the final dividing line between science and religion. Opposite sides of a card.”
2. “For every event at the quantum level, the current universe splits into multiple universes. This means that for every choice you make, an infinite number of universes exist in which you made a different choice.”
3. “They went to many worlds, took so many.
In the name of empire, fear, conquest, science.
Every reason was used to justify their actions.
The powerful always justify their actions against the weak.”
4. “A full understanding of life cannot be found only by looking at cells and molecules.”
5. “Loomis was largely responsible for the committee’s wholehearted sponsoring of microwave radar research. The army was skeptical, believing that microwave radar was ‘for the next war, not this one.” The army had already worked to improve its transmitting tubes so that the wavelength could be reduced to 1 1/2 meters and thought anything much shorter than that could not be perfected anytime soon. Given how slow they had been to capitalize on new technology in the past, Loomis regarded the army’s attitude as more a reflection on their own bureaucracy than those posed by the research challenge.”
6. “For comparison, tap out a single grain of salt from a shaker. You could line up about ten skin cells along one side of it. You could line up about a hundred bacteria. Compared to viruses, however, bacteria are giants. You could line up a thousand viruses alongside that same grain of salt.”
7. “A philosopher once said ‘It is necessary for the very existence of science that the same conditions always produce the same results’. Well, they do not. You set up the circumstances, with the same conditions every time, and you cannot predict behind which hole you will see the electron. Yet science goes on in spite of it – although the same conditions do not always produce the same results. <…> What is necessary ‘for the very existence of science’, and what the characteristics of nature are, are not to be determined by pompous preconditions, they are determined always by the material with which we work, by nature herself. We look, and we see what we find, and we cannot say ahead of time successfully what it is going to look like. <…> If science is to progress, what we need is the ability to experiment, honesty in reporting results – the results must be reported without somebody saying what they would like the results to have been – and finally – an important thing – the intelligence to interpret the results.”
8. “A statistically significant finding gives you a clue, suggesting a promising place to focus your research energy. The significance test is the detective, not the judge. <…> If a result is novel and important, other scientists in other laboratories ought to test and retest the phenomenon and its variants, trying to figure out whether the result was a one-time fluke or whether it truly meets the Fisherian standard of “rarely fails.” That’s what scientists call replication; if an effect can’t be replicated, despite repeated trials, science backs apologetically away. The replication process is supposed to be science’s immune system, swarming over newly introduced objects and killing the ones that don’t belong.”
9. “I am a scientist, but it’s not the popularization of science, that I have in mind, rather, my main concern is the well-being of the human society.”
10. “These are quite obviously the books that nobody reads,’ said Rocky, studying their titles. ‘But it’s a comfort to know that they are here if you ever should want to read them. I’m sure I should find them more entertaining than the more up-to-date ones. Wild Beasts and their Ways; Five Years with the Congo Cannibals; With Camera and Pen in Northern Nigeria; Sunshine and Storm in Rhodesia. I wish people still wrote books with titles like that. Nowadays I believe it simply isn’t done to show a photograph of “The Author with his Pygmy Friends”—we have become too depressingly scientific.”
love quotes for her
love quotes for her
1. Love people who hate you. Pray for people who have wronged you. It won’t just change their life…it’ll change yours
2. “Just Me, Just Me
Sweet Marie, she loves just me
(She also loves Maurice McGhee).
No she don’t, she loves just me
(She also loves Louise Dupree).
No she don’t, she loves just me
(She also loves the willow tree).
No she don’t, she loves just me!
(Poor, poor fool, why can’t you see
She can love others and still love thee.)”
3. “I wondered if the person who really loves you is the person who knows all your stories, the person who WANTS to know all your stories.”
4. “I would know you anywhere for my true love. Whoever I was and whoever you were, I would know you at once for my true love.”
5. “He knew in the way that she was a part of him, the way her breathing was his breathing, and her dreams were his dreams, and her blood was his blood, and when her heart stopped he knew that his would too, and he would be glad, because he wouldn’t want to live one second in a world that didn’t have her in it.”
6. “The fact that Ridge has been honest in his conversations with me is not something he did wrong. The fact that he has feelings for me also isn’t wrong, when you know exactly how much he’s fought those feelings. People can’t control matters of the heart, Warren.
They can only control their actions, which is exactly what Ridge did. He lost control once for ten seconds, but after that, every single time temptation reared its ugly head, he walked in the other direction. The only thing Ridge has done wrong is fail to delete his messages, because by doing so, he failed to protect Maggie. He failed to protect her from the harsh truth that people don’t get to choose who they fall in love with. They only get to choose who they stay in love with.” I look up at the ceiling and blink back tears. “He was choosing to stay in love with her, Warren. Why can’t she see that? This will kill him so much more than it’s killing her.”
7. “I’m done. I don’t need anything more out of life. I have you, and that’s enough.”
8. “Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
9. “You know, when it works, love is amazing. It’s not overrated.”
10. “In my crazy world, above all others…you were the only one who was the ugliest. And you were the only one…who was the most beautiful…. This is the unspoken truth.”
People will push you to ur limits
People will push you to ur limits and when you finally explode and fight back suddenly you are the bad person.
Love8 months ago
Sweet Love Messages for Her to Make Her Smile
Joker whatsapp status7 months ago
joker whatsapp status| Best Joker attitude whatsapp status video |Joker WhatsApp Status
Joker status8 months ago
Love is Shit
Joker whatsapp status8 months ago
JOKER QUOTES THAT CHANGES YOUR LIFE MUST WATCH | JOKER WHATSAPP STATUS | REVENGE WHATSAPP STATUS
Hope7 months ago
“Physical pain delivers a man from the sin of the fleshy soul.” (Hope Quotes)
Joker status7 months ago
Life Is Full Of Fake People – Fake People Whatsapp Status | fake people quotes|30 Second
Joker status8 months ago
Usually i am Silent
Motivation7 months ago
Don’t insult the things you wish you could have (Motivational Stories)